Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 16: Fròmista to Carriòn de Las Condes

I kept in touch with Marcello all day.  He was catching up and we'd meet at the same destination tonight.  For me, it was an easier day... for him it was a super tough and very long one.




I walked with Jenny from Holland. We talked the whole way about her relationship dilemma. He cheated, she moved out and now was spending some time alone to figure out what comes next. My opinion was quite different to the rest of her family's.  Instead, I agreed the Camino is an excellent place to think and get some perspective. Everyone should figure out what makes them feel happy and secure. Then they should provide it for themselves, IMHO. After that, it's easier to explain our needs to the other people in our lives and set expectations with them.

It was a day of contemplation for sure.  I admit that I was all talked out and very grateful for my life, after the walk.

I met Marcelo and got my Pilgrim credentials back that evening.  We dined at a nice looking restaurant, savoring the fish choices.  Yes, I love that I'm headed deems into seafood territory! (Even if not keen to see the eyes starting back at me. )


No comments: