Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Moody... Anxious... Ready to Go

There is already a part of me lamenting (grieving) that Chuck, Sue and Tony wont be a huge measure of my journey this year and a lot of anxiety about feeling more lonely and not having the depth of connection that I experienced last year. I am trying to just "be" with those thoughts and not let them cloud the anticipation part of process. 



Mark is getting a first hand look at me when I prepare to travel (alone) and how my moods come and thankfully, go!  My friend Anne calls it "getting wiggy". That period of time before long distance or prolonged periods of travel, where you are planning the trip, preparing the house for being away, organizing pet care, bank accounts and time off work. It's worse when you own your own business I think. There is the guilt that comes with being out of touch with clients and the huge job of trying to "get ahead" with business maintenance items. At times like this I envy those who simply "put in for PTO" then walk out the door and turn the work brain off. As for me, I'm up to my ears in getting my coverage up to speed with client action, making sure my tenants and landlords have all the contact details they need for emergencies and regular questions that might come up.

It's coming together nicely and I have nothing to complain about. In fact, I'm super grateful for the amazing people who make "off the grid" travel even possible for a person like me! 

What do the next 11 days look like?
2 closings
1 brides night out
1 wedding (Im in the wedding party)
1 client dinner
1 neighborly wine gathering (at my house)
1 meeting with an architect
1 application to refi the house
Hiking everyday at least 2 hours

...And yes, Im still working full time

It's good to be busy. It delays the insanity until departure, at which time there is no longer a good reason to go insane! 

On September 18th at 8am, this girl and her sweetie, are headed to Denver International Airport. The second we have cleared security, vacation begins and mine will involve a nice (big) glass of red at Charlotte, NC. Our only stop on the way to Paris.



No comments: