Sunday, August 21, 2016

Support and Encouragement

I'm fortunate. I get that some people don't have what I have.

Love, in the form of constant encouragement. Support, cleverly disguised as a partner who checks in after every training hike, comes up with new and fantastic packing ideas and is willing to fly to Paris with me, rent a car and deliver me to the Saint Jean trail head in September.

This is the guy... My guy.


Yesterday (Saturday) I scheduled a long hike and asked Mark if he'd like to join me for half of it. I thought a nice plan would be to hike to breakfast, then he'd drive home and I'd hike home. Instead he volunteered to hike the whole 10 miles with me! 

We had fun meandering past corn fields, equestrian estates, through neighborhoods and under the cottonwoods along the river. Not only did he hike effortlessly, but with patience and a smile, he put up with about 4 hours of chit-chat - because it's well known I'm a bit of a chatty person. LOL

No comments: