Friday, August 12, 2016

It takes a village

I slept in.  My goal of being on the hiking trail in Boulder by 6:30 AM was simply blown out of the water when I left my phone/alarm downstairs and unplugged overnight. The tiredness and residual cough I have,  put me into a deep sleep... Neither  cat, nor body clock could render me conscious at 5:30 am and it was a struggle at 6:15 too.

New plan.

I'm nothing if not resourceful and decided that Longmont -> Niwot along the bike path,  would be a fine substitute.  Stopping at the Garden Cafe for breakfast at Niwot, then the post office,  then walking home... another 5 miles.

I packed my backpack a bit heavier to compensate for the flatter, easier trail and headed out at 8:30 AM.

The trail meandered along the river before becoming dustier and quite a bit more exposed to the sun. Another hot day was on the horizon.





I'm writing this post from the cafe.  A "border scramble" is being shoveled into my mouth.  Sloshed down with coffee. Lots of coffee!

Since I won't be this chipper when I get home,  better to blog now!



No comments: