Monday, August 15, 2016

New Phone/Camera/Pedometer/Alarm/App Provider!

Last year about this time, I bought the Samsung Galaxy S6. It was reputedly the best camera phone out there and it was certainly a BIG step up from the S3, which was beginning to test my patience.

This week I took the plunge and upgraded again! This is a turn of events. So unlike me! In general, I am the lady who replaces technology only when it's absolutely required. However, there are some advantages to this new phone that are neither here nor there for real estate, but might make all the difference in the world to my Camino de Santiago experience.

Meet the Samsung Galaxy S7:



1. Water resistant and shatter resistant.  Yippee! It's not that I'm hard on my stuff, it's just that when you carry your phone beside your water bladder, expect that the occasional incident might occur. (And I will be the first to admit that as I exit my car, it's not uncommon for me to accidentally toss it on to the road from my lap.)

2. The camera is better than ever. Something about auto focus and burst shots? Eh... I'm sure I will benefit from it even if I missed most of the spiel by my friendly T-Mobile rep.

3. This version of the phone allows me to upgrade with an additional memory card. I turned a phone with 32GB storage into a phone with 64GB storage and that extra card can be taken out and transferred to the next phone I buy. (Well played Samsung, well played.)

4. And finally... a case. Instead of just that shock-proof rubber shell and a little glass screen cover (that still amazes me with its indestructibility!), I went all out. The new case snaps in place all around the phone and takes it from water resistant to WATER PROOF! Yes, I can take pictures under water! Apparently up to 2 meters deep, for an hour. 

No comments: