Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Storm Form goes above and beyond... again

Using the "conveniences" at 285 Martin Drive is NOT convenient!

Yesterday was just one more example of how well I feel taken care of by the guys of Storm Form. Every job site needs a potty and for a while my house had a couple of bathrooms, so that worked well. But the first one was removed in March and the second… sometime in April?  I admit that I never noticed the day that the powder room was removed. The house was a mess, the dumpster full of what used to be my pride and joy – 285 Martin Drive – and when one more room became “open air” I guess it just slipped by me. 

It wasn’t until a week ago, hopping around with a full bladder and lamenting the fact my neighbor was not home and I needed to use her loo, that the “bathroom situation” at 285 Martin Drive was explained to me. The toilet in the powder room (now the back end of the garage) was still there… behind the hanging black plastic sheet! In an effort to save the cost of a port-a-loo for another month, they were making do with what they had. Ken didn’t think I’d appreciate it for what it was though and advised an alternate solution be found.

I never used that toilet, or even dared look behind the plastic! The bathrooms at King Soopers seemed like more my style. Which is something you won’t hear me say very often.

Anyway, all good things must come to an end and the last toilet (with its plastic wall) was removed from 285 Martin Drive this week, which meant, it was time for a portable toilet delivery.

A little background: It has rained a LOT here in the past few weeks. The ground is soft and this is a great time of year to dig through clay if needed. I used last Sunday to do a little excavating of my own and widened the front path to the house. Spending a couple of hours there, I dug up the old flagstone, the irrigation system and my xeriscape plants, 10 years established. The path was now 6′ wide. And apparently that is wide enough for a port-a-loo because…

Tuesday morning, bright and early the toilet arrived. Instead of putting it at the top of the driveway as requested, the delivery people put it here; one foot from the sidewalk!


I had several “first thoughts”

  1. Will this encourage random joggers, slightly intoxicated new grads and small kids on the way to the park, to use our potty?
  2. Will children, dog walkers and neighbors be able to hear the workmen using the potty?
  3. I’m no whiz with the shovel and the work I did on Sunday is not going to win awards for being level. In fact there is a step, by design, now under the potty! Could the potty tip over if the occupant was not careful?

Interestingly, while Ken and I laughed about it’s unusual placement he told me he had asked the potty delivery folks to come back and put it in a less conspicuous place. One of his reasons…. Because the home owner was into taking pictures of the house project and the potty placement would be bad for pictures.

So thoughtful!


No comments: