Saturday, May 06, 2017

Room with a View - that's the GOAL

 It was a dripping, snowy, cold and miserable weekend. Tarps did their thing but inevitably, water got into the house. I arrived Monday morning to find Joe in charge of carrying water. Just when he thought transporting water by the bucket was a third world country event, he found out otherwise. Actually it was a stroke of genius; The tarps had a join in them, above a 50 gallon wheelie bin, so when the snow/sludge/water had to run, it ran as directed (for the most part) into the bin. Trouble is, at near full capacity, there was no way to wheel it out of the house. Enter, Joe and his bucket!

The rain persisted the beginning of the week and I found my guys working hard “inside” with rain jackets on. What troopers! Turns out they are not made of sugar.  🙂




In true Colorado spring fashion, the clouds were soon gone and 70+ degree temps sucked all the moisture right back out of the ground… and this Martin Acres pop-top.

This week was a giant step forward in construction. With the floor in upstairs, the guys were able to frame and store all the pieces up there. How they got all the tools, table etc up the decidedly wobbly ladder is beyond me, but they did.





Framing first, then plywood, then weather-paper.

Every day is a new picture and if I wasn’t so busy, I’d be there everyday with my camera. Not complaining, just sayin’.  I understand that the lady in the purple heels or white pants or summer dress is understandably going to stick out on a construction site so trust me when I say, I feel inappropriately dressed and awkward when I visit too… But it is what it is.  I dress up for closings and make no apologies for it!  🙂




To be welcomed onto the construction site by this team… To have them explain all sorts of things to me, answer my questions and address my concerns, to feel like Im not a pain in the butt, is pretty nice. Then there is this level of fun… Pictures and jokes are going to be one of my favorite memories of this process and that, is priceless!



This pic is for you Mark. Your master bedroom view! (above)



And by Friday day afternoon, it looked like this!



Mark and I took breakfast burritos to the “house” Saturday morning and had a picnic followed by some exploring and a selfie or two.  🙂


No comments: