Sunday, June 17, 2012

Formation Flying Clinic - SATURDAY FLIGHT 3


The last flight of the day. 
Already the sun was beating down and the thermals working themselves up.
I flew right seat in N303B in order to take Mooney pics.  :-)

Every pilot here deserved photos of this fab weekend... but I'm just one girl with a camera and I was starting to hear my back complain.  Two days of twisting and turning for the perfect angle and best shot, often with turbulence, was taking its toll.










 The day had started so early and I was tired!  Thank goodness another one our delicious Pagosa Formation Flying Clinic lunches was pretty much the only thing left on this afternoons agenda.

(I was not the only one who perked up at the sound of the word "nap".)

The group debriefed the mornings flights, each sharing what they had learned.  We discussed the plan for dinner and tomorrows plan for a 9 ship formation flight to Durango.  Then we convened for that much deserved afternoon rest.

Yes... as the sun set later that evening, I watched the sky change color and the stars appear, once again from the Hot Springs!


No comments: