Thursday, January 28, 2010

Missing...One magic red carpet


I knew I had found it when I saw my room - The “Pink Maharani” room. Aside from being clean (and most are here) it was hand painted, Indian style. Bright colors, pieces of mirror and postcards decorated the walls. Five little windows with shutters that open over window seats, curtains of chiffon and gold thread. It was magical! I might have to refer to myself in the third person, as Princess Jasmine from now on!!! (Iknow, I know… she wasn’t Indian, but Disney is yet to collide with Bollywood and Jaisalmer does have more of an Arabian feel to it.)

It is from the silk cushioned window seat that I now write. It does still feel like I am riding the rails, but Im sure that feeling will subside. For now I’m showered, relaxed and soaking up the sun. From my open windows I see the Fort, markets, children playing in the streets… and it is not too noisy here either.

I made it. My own little slice of yellow sandstone heaven lies before me. Welcome to Jaisalmer, Princess Jasmine!



Posted by Picasa

No comments: