Thursday, February 19, 2009

I found family... in Bariloche!


Ok, so technically we are not blood relatives. But today, after a sting of emails, days and months apart, and shot in the dark, my friend Justine and I spent the day together in Bariloche, Argentina.

What can I say... its a small world and a good one at that!

For those of you who dont know our connection, here is the short version:

Four and half years ago, when Osman worked with Justine´s mom on Nantucket, a plan was hatched to go halves in a puppy deal. Justines family bred their golden retriever and that´s how Marley and his sister came to be. And how I spent so much time at the Paradis residence, that I could almost consider myself a foster child!

Getting back to Bariloche...
We met for tea and chocolate mousse this morning at the famous Mamuschka chocolate shop. Then followed it with a chair lift excursion for a view over and around the lake. Dinner was at The Map Room, which apparently was a favorite for both of us (yes, Im aware I just got into town 2 days ago and shouldnt probably have a favorite restaurant yet, but I do).








I left Justine perusing the spanish books at a local bookstore/cafe. Yep, she speaks quite good Spanish (Im envious) and my hat goes off to her for appearing to be quite at home in a foreign country, with new friends and further plans to travel independently before starting Vassar in the Fall.

Have fun in Puerto Madryn Justine. Maybe we´ll run into each other in a Texas airport next week, on the way home! Either way, keep in touch. I miss you already!

No comments: