Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Going Home


Its Wednesday the 25th of February. About 8 weeks since I left Denver in the middle of the night (or so it seemed) to begin my South American adventure.

Im not ready to review the trip or discuss my bitter-sweet emotional state, but perhaps its a good time to reflect on my position... as I sit here in Santiago.

I feel lucky.

Not many people can say they left their job for 2 months to pursue a dream in South America. Even fewer could say they were in the best company imaginable for the trip, that the sun shone bright for all the bits that counted and they made it to the end without significant loss or breakage of all-important "stuff".

And Im pretty sure that I stand alone when I say I did it all with the love and support of a husband who selflessly worked his butt off at home, to afford me this opportunity.

Ok, so maybe I was ready to address those bitter-sweet emotions.
How can it not be sad to say goodbye to people and places that have changed your life... at the same time not to be excited to return to my soul mate?



PS: That shirtless guy posing on the left... I have no idea who he is. But apparently his overwhelming need to be in the photo lead him to believe we wouldn't mind!

No comments: