Saturday, January 13, 2024

Bucket List Item! Making snow!

It can be hard to find the upside to such frigid temperatures this weekend - If you're not me. LOL. I was looking forward to dinner made with something melty-cheese-ish, sparkly snow and the best excuse ever to stay home. 

And then I woke in the wee hours thinking:

1. Gosh, I hope the chickens are ok. It was -4°F and with just the two of them now, I worried they couldn't stay warm enough, even with the heating pad I had installed. 

2. Then I turned my thoughts to the golden opportunity that something south of 0°F was going to present me... Making snow out of boiling water!


FYI, it turned out the chickens were just fine. The roost stayed fairly warm and the heating pad didn't fail us. Just be sure, I covered the coop with a comforter and tarp and I'll check them again later. 

As for snow from boiling water; I had seen it on YouTube and long ago, put it on my Bucket List.  All I needed was a nice, but freezing day and that day had arrived. -9°F baby! Game time!


Special thanks to Mark, my videographer. 


No comments: