Monday, January 08, 2024

Blossoms of Light

Because everyone needs a little magic. We all need the holiday season to last a bit longer in those cold and dark winter months...   

So they created it. Let there be light...  "Blossoms of Light". 

Festive, colorful light installations that bring the Denver Botanic Gardens to life at a time of year its mainly dead! :-)
















To be sure, this is not something you can get tix for, last minute. I got lucky when I booked 2 weeks ago because most dates were sold out or only had late night entrance times left. 

At 7pm on Jan 7th - the last night of the show - it was cold. 25°F. 

Using all the gear I typically reserve for Arctic/Antarctic voyages, I entered wearing ski pants, a down jacket, wool layers, hat, scarf and gloves. Inside my pockets... those handy-dandy electric pocket warmers. And (no Im not embarrassed) I sported electric socks too! I was warm and wonderful but my phone drained its battery fairly quickly and I know that would have been ME if I wasn't dressed like this! I'd recommend a battery pack for phone longevity next time.

No comments: