Monday, May 11, 2020

Vacation inside a Pandemic Staycation

Who's on vacation? I am, in a way. Stay-cation is more appropriate, I guess... but none-the-less, work is slow, I get up later than normal each morning and I do more "me" projects than things that result in income. This is the kinda life I have on vacation!

After 8 weeks of this stay-cation though... I'm starting to lose my mind. I miss socializing with friends and clients, I miss meals out, I love my house but wish my life had wider boundaries. My wings need to be stretched!!!

So..... Mark and I took a road trip of sorts this weekend. A vacation from our stay-cation. We ventured into another county. We drove the highway and passed through a town that wasn't Boulder. Oh my!

Welcome to Red Feather Lakes. A quirky little part of northern Colorado, where the high plains meet the foothills and rolling ground is the base for beautiful, colorful granite formations, looming pine trees and groves of aspen trees. Pine cones litter the ground...and there are swamps - black and oily looking. Every open meadow features at least one seasonal stream, flowing melted snow downhill to somewhere else.

Birds were singing. Chipmunks dashing. Squirrels barking up high.

At the Lady Moon trailhead the parking lot was full, the toilets were closed until further notice and no-one was wearing a mask. Hello vacation from what has become normal COVID life!














Once out on the trail, there was barely a soul to be seen and we actually enjoyed running across two ladies, out for a horse ride together.


We stopped for not one, but two picnics and enjoyed 5.8 miles of bliss the Colorado great outdoors.

No comments: