Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Trans-Mongolian Railway Trip : OMG. OMG. OMG!!!

The FedEx truck pulled up outside the house and I watched the chappie disembark from my office window. Normally he rings the doorbell then leaves a package on the doorstep and I don't bother to even go to the door. After all, it's probably airplane bits for Mark and it's only fun for me if I get to open the packets!

Today however, the doorbell chimed and the guy stayed standing at the door, so I made the effort to walk 15 feet down the hall and greet him.

OMG! The second he asked me to sign and I saw both Mark's and my names on the envelope I knew exactly what was happening. We were getting our passports back... with visas. For China and Russia!

This just got real.

Last night on a hike in the near dark, we were just discussing how long it might be before the visa's were ours. Today is July 18th. Exactly 2 months to departure.

I can barely contain myself. Yep, tears of joy and excitement are with me right now. I'm that person.



I know what you are thinking! Seriously not happy in that photo, is she?!

Picture requirements are weird and strict for Russia and China.
Russia absolutely doesn't allow smiling of any kind. If you are not looking grim and unhappy, you will not be allowed to apply for a visa. No exemptions!
China likes ears. All hair needs to be pulled back to expose your ears.... not even a wisp is allowed. And definitely... definitely no earrings, as they hide your lobes. LOL

Don't worry, now that we have visa's in hand, we are all smiles again. :-)

No comments: