Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Construction Update

 A quick walk around the house this past weekend revealed that framing had indeed begun. “Walls” were laying around everywhere, in anticipation of being stood up pretty soon.  Then voila! Monday I was driving by incidentally when I noticed a hole torn in the roof. Just like that, Storm Form had started a new stage in the construction process.






Tuesday I made a special trip to check on the house. A  thunderstorm had kept me up most of Monday night and I realized that the rain God’s had answered the watery prayers of people all down the Front Range – People who were not named Dallice, apparently! I just had to see if the house had filled with water, soaked the flooring and seeped into the boxes that intended to protect the kitchen cabinets.

It was indeed a pleasant surprise to find that Boulder may have escaped the torrential downpour that Longmont got overnight. The house was damp for sure, but the crew had doubled in size and most of the walls were up and actually a bigger hole existed where a roof once sat – yesterday! They were going like gangbusters between the occasional shower, below soaring clouds and under the intermittently warm sunshine.

Flooring trusses had arrived and I watched for a bit as they passed them up by hand because the forklift was unable to get them safely around the lonely peach tree, mid front yard.  Dallice’s little miracle; Everyday is a near-miss beheading situation and yet it continues to thrive!






My goal this week is to stand on the second story and take a picture of the view. A vision that has kept me going for 4 years! (More about that in another blog post, eh?)



No comments: