Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Colorado... Home Sweet Home

I had the most wonderful time at Christmas. There was flying, cookies, family gatherings, walking in the snow, a decorated tree, new friends, great wine, a singing-dancing show and my new favorite pre-Christmas service at the Unity Center with Rev. Dawna.

Mark and I had the pleasure of a comfy suite with a view over the golf course... Mornings were spent sleeping in and geeking out... Coffee was fresh brewed and hot... And Packer greeted us with his schnauzer puppy love in ample supply, every single day.

Five days just flew by and before I knew it, I was on the home stretch. Cedar City to Longmont.

I'm luckiest girl in the world; My sweet boyfriend flew me slowly and carefully around Bryce Canyon National Park for a photography fix before landing at Cal Black Airport for our last fuel stop.  :-)











Then I flew, Cal Black to Longmont, direct over the Rockies at 13,500 feet, with an oxygen cannula in my nose!






It was an almost perfect day for flying. Wispy clouds hung off high peaks as we flew close by Montrose, Aspen, Eagle and Granby airports. The finger pulse-oximeter told me my heart rate didn't go above 80... But I didn't believe it. When I overheard a commercial aircraft announcing their intentions to take off, there was mild anxiety. No ATC?  When one of the pilots (already in the air) asked if anyone could help him open his IFR flight plan, I swear my heart was racing. Of course Mark reassured me that they had us on radar and wouldn't suddenly emerge from the clouds in front of us... But a couple did seem to come too close for my comfort, none-the-less.

Just over two hours later, Long's Peak poking through the clouds welcomed us back to the Front Range and we slowed up N303B for her bumpy descent from 12,500' to pattern altitude, 6,000' at Longmont Airport.

Home. Safe. Tired.
Nothing a glass of wine and a hot bath couldn't cure!

No comments: