Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Mini Vacation


Sometimes you just need to run away for a bit.
That time, for me, came last week. So I did.

To unplug and rejuvenate there is, in my opinion, no better place than a small Colorado mountain town... with changing leaves, sunshine, hiking, photography and frequent soaks in a hot tub - preferably while watching a starry sky.

One of my favorite places is Aspen. With good luck and good friends I found myself a lot of the time bikini-clad, belly laughing, overflowing with good food and breathing deeply the clean mountain air this last weekend. (Alright, I admit it... I stayed 5 days, guilt be gone!)

I'm grateful.

These are some of the pics that capture the spirit of the season.


Maroon Bells



We made our way gingerly through a small gap in the barbed wire fence and crouched in the long grass to avoid being seen by local traffic (owner?). Later realizing that we weren't as hidden as we initially thought and it probably just looked like we were peeing in his field... under his "No Trespassing" sign!

Then we laughed 'til we cried... again.


Independence Pass


Thanks Chris, for the much needed break. :-)

No comments: