Friday, October 08, 2010

Each day, a little closer


Since I last blogged "the remodel", we have come a long way. Or should I give credit where credit is due and say Josh and Eric have come a long way?!
(It's fair to assume I couldn't possibly have contributed much while on my mini vacation.)

The kitchen, which recently looked like this....


Has now seen the installation of a tile floor,


new cabinets and range hood.


As of tonight, we have a plywood template, just waiting for Luis, our granite fabricator, to make my dream "rectangular with a bulged corner" shape a reality. It now seems an eternity ago that I was crouched on the floor, tearing off pieces of blue painters tape to outline my idea.



You have to understand... I have envisioned this kitchen, this exact island shape, these efficient appliances and this large counter space for 3 years. When something is this fixed in one's mind, no second guessing is permitted!


No comments: