Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Heal Yourself (Poem)

 Honestly, I found this to be both motivating and moving. As I contemplate regenerative landscape practices, gardens that are beautiful, medicinal, food producing and provide habitat; As I explore great connection and integration as a principle of design and life in general; I know there is plenty of wisdom out there to draw from... people who are more intuitive than I and who share soulfully their gifts and experiences so that I too can benefit.

I imagine it will speak to you too.



"Heal yourself my little one, with sunlight and moonlight. With the sound of the river and the waterfall. With the wave of the sea and the flap of birds.

Heal yourself, with the leaves of mint and herb, with neem and eucalyptus. Sweeten yourself with lavender, rosemary and chamomile. Cuddle up with the cocoa bean and a touch of cinnamon. Put love in tea instead of sugar and drink it gazing at the stars.

Heal yourself, little one, with the kisses the wind gives you and the hugs from the rain.

Be strong with bare feet in the earth and with all that is born of it.

Become smarter every day by listening to your intuition, looking at the world with the eye in front of you.

Jump, dance, sing, so you live happier.

Heal Mijita, with love beautiful, and always remember... you are the medicine.”


 Maria Sabina, Poet




No comments: