Thursday, January 06, 2022

Puppy Club


It's like doggie daycare, but for babies and with the intent to provide a safe, happy, learning environment.

I dropped Teddy off at the Boulder Humane Society around 8:15am and agreed not to pick him up again before 11:30am. Both Monday and Tuesday this week.  

I had my reservations on Monday of course,  but he was super excited to join his friends Tuesday and at that time I was 100% sure this was both good for him and fun for him!

At Puppy Club, the super friendly staff texted me photos of his progress during the day.  He was being socialized,  having his energy tapped, his brain stretched and his experiences widened. 


The cutest part may have been the Report Card we got at the end of the day:

Monday
Tuesday

In a nutshell, I highly approve of anyone who takes the time to play novel sounds, games with my doggie. I think its good for him to be exposed wheelchairs, toys, obstacles and other puppies.  I've wondered if he missed playing with other puppies after leaving the "nest" and it makes me happy to find out he enjoys the company of other dogs!

Puppy Club round 2!
At 13 weeks old Teddy asked, indeed begged, to go back to Puppy Club. And so it was done!

What a good boy he was too. Showed up on time. Played well with others. Excelled with lessons. 




We just love that he gets exposure to scary noises like fireworks and smoke alarms, all the while being held in a comfortable and safe space. 

He also expanded his experiences to include wearing a sock as practice for boots and bandages in the future, meeting new puppy friends and playing with novel toys and objects.





No comments: