Monday, July 12, 2021

Who is going on vaca? This gal!

 Donnie and I are goin' traveling!

As I write this we are 6 weeks to departure. Both of us are mostly packed and it turns out we both spend part of the anticipation period shopping for little bits and pieces to take on vacation with us.  :-)

Meet the "American Song".

She'll be our vessel and our home for a week in August. A modern river boat with tons of glass to capture the views, this baby was put in the water just a year before COVID then sat idle for a good year. While she can take about 195 passengers, this cruise is COVID-friendly and capacity has been reduced to 2/3 of that.

Every room is large and sunny with a balcony. Every day is a new adventure on the Columbia and Snake rivers. 

It's a wine and food themed thing. Perfect for us! And the cherry on the cake... cookie hours at 10am and 2pm every. single. day.  Oh yes, my mouth is watering already.

The journey is a modern undertaking and lesson in history, following the footsteps of the Lewis and Clark Expedition in the early 1800's.






Anywho, you know I'll document the journey and litter my posts with pictures. So tune in again between Aug 15-22 to follow along and live vicariously. 

This is surely an adventure I would never have taken if Donnie hadn't suggested it, so I'll end this post by saying it is GREAT to have friends who encourage new things, are easy to talk to and love to travel as much as I do. I'm a lucky gal!

No comments: