Monday, July 10, 2017

The Surprise of the Week...

 Week 18

As far as I can tell, Rafael has been working 9 days straight, starting as early as 7am each day, to plaster the corners, gaps, screws and imperfections of the drywall inside 285 Martin Drive.  He is a happy, friendly artist. His skills are so perfectly honed that when it came time to sand, there was not much to do!








On the outside, the painting got finished… And I think I almost got used to seeing a masked man sneaking around on the roof!  Yes, it was darn near 100 degrees most of last week, yet each day, the guy with the short straw donned stocking head gear and ventilator and up he went to spray paint. (Don’t worry, it seemed that Ken and Aaron took turns and both are still kicking.)








In my master plan, the pergola structure (arbor type thing) that used to be over the back patio, would return. Or at least the idea would return in a different form. The old one was looking weathered. The 4×4’s splintered pretty quickly and it was ok, but never ideal especially for the new house. I had talked to Ken about this a month or so ago and asked if the guys could build me a new one before they wrapped up the house.

True to form, Storm Form, Ken said no problem and we discussed a few ideas. I trusted him to create something that went with the style of the house and was proportionate too. All I chose was the color. Then the other day, imagine my surprise when I turned the corner to the back yard to find Aaron, Dirk and Dustin whistlin’ away to the tune of my new pergola!  Awesome pergola.  I ate one of their donuts as I hung out and watched the progress. Good day. Yes, very good day!






It was during Saturday morning’s “burrito at 285 Martin Drive” breakfast with Mark, that he got to see it for the first time. Finished. A nice surprise to end the week.




I cannot wait to start tinkering in the garden, making it green and floral and zen again. There will be many a breakfast, lunch, dinner and drink, consumed under this pergola!

No comments: