Thursday, March 23, 2017

Demolition Began with the Back Room

How much damage can 3 guys do to a Martin Acres ranch in ONE day?

LOTS!  Hahahaha!

My Martin Acres ranch has looming excavation and concrete foundation pouring deadlines and it was time to make room for the new.  Or in this case, “unmake room”. Off came the brick, then the roof, framing and whatever else was dangling. My living room, was no more.  Of course you hardly notice anything from the front… Except perhaps a brick chimney that appears to be crumbling and some boarded up window holes that might imply we had a meth issue and were condemned.

Here are today’s pictures. We are about 2.5 weeks into the process. 





For the first time today I was aware that my tromping around in the back yard might be making the guys nervous. I tried to say out of the way as lumber with splinters and old nails came flying down. I heard the sawzall and I watched pieces come unstuck, one by one. 





They might have been further along if not wary of getting ahead of Xcel and yanking the main power box off the side of the house before it was disconnected. That’s right, Xcel was supposed to unhook the house and hook up the meter on the stick last Monday. They still haven’t showed! One of Ken’s less enviable jobs is calling them everyday. Luckily he has a more polite demeanor than I do.


Take your time Xcel! This is not at all a safety concern, a City requirement or a delay and inconvenience!  Grrrrrr!

On the bright side, spring has sprung and my front yard is putting on a brave face despite taking a battering and a decided lack of water.  The daffodils are up (dug up and put in a pot!) and the peach tree is in blossom.

No comments: