Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What Did I Do Tuesday? Hmmm... Let Me See


I had the pleasure of a two hour helicopter flight!!!

My friend Dave and I accompanied Doug in his Enstrom 480B on a flight out of Longmont airport, up and into the foothills.


It seats five. Dave took front passenger seat and I sat in between he and Doug, next row back.


Just out of Longmont airport... Long's Peak on a gorgeous day.


Dave got to take control for a while... bringing back memories for him I'm sure!


We flew low over the site of Monday's plane crash. The wreckage now removed. The pilot had called a "mayday" before crashing. Cody and I had seen the smoke as we approached Longmont from Greeley the afternoon before.


This is the area around the plane crash site.


A little joy-riding over Horsetooth Reservoir.


(This is actually a video... but do ya think I can make it work???)


Ice fishing at Red Feather Lakes


(Coming in to land... another video that I can't get to play!)
... But trust me, it's REALLY quite and experience, landing at an airport and completely by-passing the runway!!!

Thanks Doug and Dave for great company and an incredibly memorable afternoon jaunt. :-)




No comments: