When was the last time I camped with Kris and Charles, you ask? A while... like a long while ago!
Friday, June 25th, 2010 to be specific. LOL. A good illustration of why I blog, am I right?!
On August 20th, Scott and I packed up and packed out. We were headed 3 hours away, to the Snowy Mountains of Wyoming, via Laramie. The car was FULL. I questioned a few of the larger choices and wondered (sometimes outloud) if we needed all of it.
Cruisin' through Centennial with a hankering for ice cream, we stopped at a little parlour/gift store. The Country Junction was overflowing with cutesy premature Christmas items and a large selection of ridiculously funny dish towels and whatnot. Giggles ensued. Definitely worth the pitstop.
Back on the road, we caught up with Kris and Charles at the campsite they had reserved for us - so lovely!!!
We pitched tent, harnessed our inflatable mattresses together, unpacked the double sleeping bag and made tracks for the little river over yonder, where happy hour turned into dinner of finger foods and yummy things. And wine. Halleluyah!
The afternoon was a bit quieter. Scott and I blissed out down at the river. Him with his fishing tackle; me with bare feet and tripod in the cold water, trying to capture some of the essence of nature around here.



































No comments:
Post a Comment