Thursday, July 18, 2024

It's Meeeeee - The first 50 years!

It seems only fitting that as my 50th birthday arrives, I take some time to reflect on how I spent time in the first half of my life. (Nothing wrong with being an optimist!)

This not a eulogy though... I have no plans to give you the run down on who I'm related to, the towns I've lived in, where I went to school and what my life achievements have been.

What makes me happy is the visual story. Color, shape, patterns, contrast and reflections. Images that depict how I have experienced my world, those that trigger memories, record events and the souls that have touched my life. 

This slideshow captures some of the many moments that have made me smile and to this day, bring a feeling of gratitude, remind me of my good fortune and privilege. 

Come... Meet the people, view the places and of course animals, that have molded Dallice the little girl, into 50 year old me. 

*Note :  Owing to my extraordinary life so far and my inability to edit like a normal person, this is NOT a short video. Use the bathroom and grab a snack before we start. Heck feel free to multi-task... it's not like there will be a quiz at the end!

I have ambitious plans of living the next 5 decades in much the same way - sans the youthful glow and forgiving body of course. (Actually I'm beautifully ok with my crows feet, grey hair and dancing tricep skin. I've earned them honestly... except the jiggly arms, which I truly thought I could put off longer.)

Life is grand!

No comments: